Friday, May 20, 2016

Comparison of Potential Ballet Outfit & Mia's Performance Outfit

Yesterday, we shared the leaked photos from eBay of what appears to be a new turquoise ballet outfit for the Truly Me line. A fellow AG collector was able to purchase the outfit and took several detailed photos along with comparison photos with the 2008 Girl of the Year Mia's Performance Outfit and kindly gave us permission to share them here. ^_^

Do not repost/copy/claim images without written permission. 

Original eBay Photo:

Comparison & Detail Photos:
Mia's Performance Outfit modeled on Rachel, a Truly Me #33 doll (left)
Potential New Truly Me Ballet Outfit modeled on GOTY 2012 McKenna doll (right)
The length of the skirts on both of these seem about the same. Mia's outfit has an assymetrical shoulder design. The ballet outfit looks to be a slightly brighter turquoise, with a symmetrical 3 tiered tulle skirt.

Mia's Performance Outfit modeled on Rachel, a Truly Me #33 doll

Potential New Truly Me Ballet Outfit modeled on GOTY 2012 McKenna doll (right)
The skirt is made from stiff tulle and the top layer is covered with spray on glitter which can shed. :D You have been warned!

Close up of bodice details.
Mia's Performance Outfit (left)
Potential New Truly Me Ballet Outfit (right)

Close up of bodice details on Mia's Performance Outfit.

Close up of bodice details on possible new Truly Me ballet outfit.

The flowers are all individually sewn on. It looks like they can be removed but I would be worried about them leaving unsightly holes in the bodice. 

Regular velcro closure in the back. Be careful of snags in the stretchy bodice material and tulle skirt! XD

Close up of the matching headband. The strange bow loop in the back of the headband could either be intentional or a factory defect.

Close up of the ballet shoes. They are elastic with simple string bows decorating them.

Overall, despite not being a big dance person myself, I really like this outfit! I'm biased since turquoise is one of my favorite colors, and I can never resist a good sparkle. ^_~ However, as to whether I'll purchase it or not, that remains to be seen. Currently, I already own Mia's Performance Outfit and feel the two are too similar for me to justify getting the ballet outfit, and to be honest, I do like Mia's outfit better because of the way the skirt is layered and because I love the embroidery detail on the bodice. However, if I didn't already have Mia's outfit, I would be hard pressed to pass up this ballet set! Here's hoping it will be one outfit, and not split into 2 again. :)

"Like" us on Facebook and Follow us to get notifications of updates, news, reviews, and more!

18 comments:

  1. I am so excited!I was a lyrical ballet dancer for a few years, and we wore things like that. It is actually authentic and real- except most lyrical dancers usually wear a different kind of shoe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lyrical dance shoes:https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR2otZ3qsy4l3zyBovAsXYt97LqR1Gu6yxtXqTP9DbYalhL2v188CVvxBw (The style we wore, at least)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's awesome to hear it's accurate! And thank you for the link to the shoes. :) I hadn't heard of lyrical ballet dancers before so I wasn't familiar with their footwear. ^_^ What is the difference between lyrical ballet vs traditional ballet? Or is there no difference?

      Delete
    2. Traditional Ballet was the basis for Lyrical ballet. Lyrical is more... openm to interpretation. The movements are less prefect, you're more trying to convey emotion. Usually the emotions are ecstasy, loneliness, and hurt. The movements can be jerky at times but flowy. There are also some other differences in say, what music they use, what shoes...

      Delete
    3. Thank you for the explanation! It almost sounds a little like traditional ballet meets modern dance. ^_^

      Delete
  3. Wow- when I took a first glance, I didn't even realize they were different at first! Almost the same color!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I thought the same when I first saw the thumbnail of the photos! :D

      Delete
  4. I have to say I like it! I may end up getting it for Izzy (Isabelle), we'll have to see when it comes out. I just like that it's different from a lot of the dance outfits we've seen in recent years-- all the stereotypical pink and gray colors get a little boring. I love this turqouise!

    Lissie
    lissiesdollstories.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's a beautiful outfit, and would look good on any doll! ^_^ As you said, it's a really nice change from the typical pink.

      Delete
    2. I also did traditional ballet, and many academies do make you wear pink, grey, and white when you are beginning. So, not really 'stereotypical'- just... typical.

      Delete
    3. Hahaha! I wonder if this is a performance outfit then, to justify the matching shoes.

      Delete
  5. Pretty! Gonna snag this for Halley (future #58, who's obsessed with ballet and generally anything pink, metallic, or sparkly); one of my other girls can wear this as a Halloween costume until then. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness, this color would be so STUNNING on #58! :D

      Delete
  6. You're right, it does look like Mia's costume! They both are adorable. :)
    -Nova ♡

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! I like them both, but I'm trying to tell myself I don't *need* both. :D

      Delete
  7. Oh this is sooo cute! I'd definitely get it!

    ReplyDelete