Thursday, August 18, 2016

New Stripes & Dots Swimsuit for Truly Me

It looks like we can look forward to a new swimsuit coming out for the 18 inch dolls next year! This time it's a two piece and I am assuming it is for the modern Truly Me line. No clue when it will be released though I don't think it'll be this year. I have added this to the Master List of Leaked AG Releases. :)

Link to Master List of Leaked AG Releases: http://lissieandlilly.blogspot.com/p/leaked-ag-releases.html

Original eBay Photos:
We are going stripes and dots wild on this outfit. XD I feel a little dizzy just looking at it.

@_@ Beeeee messssssmeriiiiizeeeeeed....
I think the zipper is a fun touch (are zippers in fashion right now? O_o) though I haven't seen them on regular swimwear personally. I also just noticed the pink dots portion of the outfit also has random AG stars interspersed in the print. Miiiiiinnnnnnnd trrrrrriiiiiiiippppp! 

Now these sandals I love. The design is so cute and summery, and I can see it being paired with a lot of other outfits that won't give you a headache at first glace. :D

Definitely not one of my favorite swimsuits AG has created and I don't see myself picking this up, even at a steep discount. My wallet can breath easy on this one! :D



Link to Original eBay Auction: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Doll-Clothes-for-American-girl-18-inch-leisure-suit-/191934682274

32 comments:

  1. AG has defiantly had better swimwear than these but i really do like the sandals.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. A bit headache inducing if you stare too long! :D

      Delete
  3. I like the sandals too, but...my eyes don't know where to look with all those patterns! Not to mention the little stars.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I find myself getting all topsy turvey looking at the pattern.

      Delete
  4. whoa! I'm seeing stars! That is a LOT of pattern... randomly colored too-dark green and hot pink? And it might just be the lighting of the pictures, but the sandals almost look red! I love the sandals, however!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whenever I think I pin down the pattern, my eyes glaze over and I'm confused all over again! :D

      Delete
  5. Maybe they'll fix it when they officially release it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha! If by fixing you mean redoing the whole pattern.... :D

      Delete
  6. Aw, I think it is cute. But my guess is the sandals are not meant to be paired with this, as the pink stripes don't seem to be the same shade as the pink in the suit. Plus the styles seem different to me. The suit is a bit wild/ trendy but the sandals are more classic. Maybe they're for an upcoming seaside or beach outfit?

    I thought the swimsuit had black and white stripes, not dark green as a previous commenter called them. The combo reminds me of the stores decor, actually, making me wonder if it is intended to be a store exclusive? I think they release new SE things around the end of the year.

    I had a suit similar to this, as a preteen, only I had opted for shorts instead of bikini bottoms. It had a zipper in front though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would agree that the sandals don't seem to match. The outfit will look a lot better with solid-colored shoes.

      Delete
    2. I actually wondered the same thing, if it would be an in store special. I'll be disappointed if the shoes aren't included though, as that's my favorite part. ^_^

      Delete
  7. Have you seen all the sneak peeks that AG has released on their pinterest concerning the release next week? Certainly confirms a lot of the rumours and possible outfits that have been flying around... :D
    H.M.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I loved seeing all the tiny sets and details and can't wait for the release!

      Delete
  8. The patterns just clash they don't work together the colors are great together
    Just make up your mind AG stripes don't work with polka dots...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what I want to say to AG a lot regarding the new releases, "Just make up your mind AG!"

      Delete
  9. I will be buying this, though... it is pretty cute! I know a girl with one of these...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And it's pink and black... not green and black... it's like that dress all over again!

      Delete
    2. I hope you like the outfit! I'm probably going to pass on this one myself, though the sandals are calling to me.

      Delete
  10. I really like the shoes, but I find the outfit... an bit.... headache giving. XD

    ReplyDelete
  11. Maybe they'll make the black part solid? *hopes*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be nice! Really, if they changed any of the prints to a solid, I think it would help a lot. :D

      Delete
  12. The suit is well, a bit strange. It will definitely take some getting used to. The sandals are pretty cute tho.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha yes! The print is a little too disorienting but the sandals have potential.

      Delete
  13. they should choose dots or stripes
    THEY CAN'T HAVE BOTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete