Friday, July 8, 2016

L&L's 2nd Summer Postcard Exchange!

*All postcard designs are posted here for everyone to view: http://lissieandlilly.blogspot.com/2016/12/2nd-annual-summer-postcard-exchange.html

Thank you to all the participants! 


Update 9/6/2016 - All postcards have been mailed out! I am so sorry for the delay! Thank you all for your patience! ^_^

Update 8/21/2016 - All of the postcards have been cut! In the next week or so, I'll be addressing and packing all the envelopes. Hopefully I can get them all in the mail sometime early next week. I'll send an email to participants once the postcards are on their way!

Update 8/14/2016 - The postcards have all come back from the printers! I'll be cutting them this week in my down time. 

Update 8/8/2016 - I have finished formatting and creating the layout for the postcards. I will be taking them to the printers to get them printed in the upcoming week. 

Image by Kirren
Welcome to L&L's 2nd Summer Postcard Exchange! ^_^ This summer, L&L wants to invite everyone to participate in this fun event to design and swap doll sized postcards with other AG fans around the world! 

~*~
Image by Erin
1) You (and your dolls ^_^) are invited to design a postcard, either from an actual photo, on a powerpoint slide, in photoshop, paint, etc. and include a short message (no more than 20 words) for the back of the card. This can be from a place you visit over the summer, or just sights around your local town, or even from your doll's time period in history.
*(You can view designs from last year by clicking here.)*

2) Email your postcard design to us at lilliemaiden@gmail.com with the subject: "Summer Postcard Exchange". The deadline is July 25th for me to receive your email. Your email must include your mailing address so we can ship the other postcards back to you. ^_^

3) The tireless vinyl staff at L&L will then resize the postcard designs we receive to doll size (about 1 x 2 inches), print them on thin cardstock, cut them out, and reorganize them and send each participant a postcard from each of the other participants so the more people that participate, the more postcards each person will receive. 

Image by Thyme
4) Please send $5 USD when you enter. This helps me to cover the cost of the color printing, the cardstock paper, the envelopes, and the shipping back to you cost. This can be done via Paypal (preferred), or by check/cash mailed to me.
*As a reference, the cost of everything last year was nearly double of everyone's $5, and I covered the additional cost out of pocket. (You are welcome to donate more if you would like to help with the costs, but it is definitely not required!)*

5) When I receive your design, I will reply with a confirmationas well as details for sending the $5, which ever method you prefer.

6) Your postcards will be mailed out by August 15th, and hopefully by the end of summer, your dolls will have a barrage of postcards from all over, like you see in these photos of dolls who participated in the Summer Postcard Exchange last year. ^_^

7) All ages are welcome to participate but if you are under the age of 13, you must ask your parents or guardian to enter the postcard exchange for you.

8) International readers (outside the USA) are welcome to participate, and there's no additional cost above the $5.

~*~

So in summary, in your email to lilliemaiden@gmail.com you should include:

1) Postcard Design
2) Brief Message for Back of Card (20 words max)
3) Your Mailing Address
4) Whether you prefer to pay $5 via Paypal or by mail

-Deadline: July 25th-

If you have any questions, feel free to email me at the address above, or leave a comment here! ^_^

22 comments:

  1. This sounds like fun! I'll have to ask my parents!
    Bella

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If they agree, I hope you enjoy designing a postcard! ^_^

      Delete
  2. Is this current?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! We are doing it again this year!

      Delete
    2. Good! I don't read dates usually and I read this like in December so I didn't know.

      Delete
    3. Perhaps you mixed it up with a different post? I only posted this on Friday.

      Delete
  3. If I can get it together, in what dimensions (pixel x pixel) and what resolution would you like the design?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As long as it's rectangular, I can resize it. :) The higher the resolution the better but I was able to resize all the designs last year without much difficulty.

      Delete
  4. I'm in! I'm just trying to figure out what I want to do - I got the inspiration, I just have to figure out the execution.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a question. Are you the only one who would get my address? Thanks!
    Bella

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Bella! Yes, I would be the only one to see your mailing address. I am the one who prints out the postcards everyone sends me and mails them out back to everyone.

      Delete
    2. I'm not going to be participating this year. Maybe next year...
      Bella

      Delete
    3. I'm sorry to hear that. :( I hope you'll be able to join in next year! ^_^

      Delete
  6. Hi.
    I'm running a little late - I hope to have my design to you tonight, but it might be tomorrow morning - would that be ok?
    Thyme

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Thyme! That's not a problem at all! Thank you for the head's up, I'll make sure to leave a space for you on the printer template! ^_^

      Delete
    2. Made it! I've just emailed my design to you now
      Thyme

      Delete