Friday, July 29, 2016

Photos of New Monogrammed Dress for Beforever Kit

Wickfield on AGPT found leaked photos of an outfit which appears to be for the Beforever character Kit Kittredge on eBay and kindly allowed us to share her find here. No exact date for when the outfit will be released, though I'm guessing it will be either part of the fall/winter release later this year or next spring's release. It seems the Beforever characters will be receiving quite a few releases for almost all of the characters, which of course excites me to no end. ^_^ The auction is still ongoing so I will post the link to the eBay listing once it ends. 

Link to Master List of Leaked Upcoming Releases: http://lissieandlilly.blogspot.com/p/leaked-ag-releases.html

Original eBay Photos:
Front of Outfit
Wickfield found out that this outfit is based off a Butterick pattern for girls from the Sept. 1924 Delineator. That is a good decade prior to Kit's story but American Girl has always been pretty flexible by going up or down a decade in terms of their historical/Beforever line. You can view the image of the inspiration for this outfit on the Witness2Fashion blog (4th picture) here: https://witness2fashion.wordpress.com/tag/golf-and-social-class/

Honestly when I first saw the outfit, I assumed it would be for the 1914 Beforever character, Rebecca. However, Wickfield pointed out that the front of the dress is embroidered with "MKM", which fits Kit's initials "Margaret Mildred Kittredge."

Back view of dress

The listing shows the outfit shown with these silver flats. However, grey market sellers frequently pair random items together that they think fit, so it is very possible the actual shoes for this outfit will not look like this. At least, I am very much hoping these are not the actual shoes. XD

The outfit is really cute and I like the construction of it. It does seem out of place to me among Kit's collection however, and I would rather AG have picked an outfit from at least the 30s. Still, I love my Beforever historical outfits so this will be coming home with me for certain! ^_^


26 comments:

  1. Maybe the decade difference is part of the story - an out-of-date hand-me-down that her mom tried to 'make new' by adding a monogram?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I've been waiting for a new dress for Kit that I actually like. I've not been a fan of the bright & bold colors that have been chosen for her since beforever started.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I personally like bright and bold colors but Kit's original collection has a special place in my heart because it seemed to suit her so well. :D

      Delete
  3. Adorable! Yeah, it looks like a Rebecca outfit..... XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe it will be? :D You can never tell with AG.

      Delete
  4. It's a pretty dress, and I too first thought it would be for Rebecca. However, the pattern being from 1924 means that dress didn't exist when Rebecca was 10, but Kit's mother might have found the pattern somewhere in a drawer or at a yard sale, or had it offered by a friend or relative - they needed to be able to make clothes for cheap, so it is consistent with Kit's story. Thank you for the link to the original pattern picture, I always like to see the inspiration piece when AG (or a designer for 18" historical doll clothes) release a new outfit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! I love to see where the inspiration for the AG versions of outfits came from. I don't have much beef if AG wants to borrow from different time periods since my dolls don't stay in any set time. :D

      Delete
  5. Just because there is a pattern like it from a decade before doesn't mean the dress is out of style in the 30s. That silhouette was still seen in the 30s, so I don't think there is any issue about authenticity here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right, for me the problem is not so much inaccuracy so much as the silhouette seems to be a better fit for Rebecca's collection than Kit's collection.

      Delete
  6. Someone on another blog is saying this is only a prototype :( I will be so devastated if it is bc I love the blue & orange together. I'm still not over that blue gingham dress with orange trim that was never released for Maryellen...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's possible, since these are just grey market photos. If this is only a prototype, I'm curious to see what the final version will look like. :)

      Delete
    2. I don't think any of us are over that dress. 😭

      Delete
  7. Haa anyone noticed that Becki is the only one without a new outfit coming out soon. Poor Beckie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I think she might be retiring in lieu of the Pearl Harbor doll and a rumor of Felicity coming back.

      Delete
    2. It's possible that nothing for her as leaked yet. :/

      Delete
    3. Where did you found thise rumors? I would love to have Felicity back!

      Delete
  8. Maybe it was a hand me down from someone! I wish they outfits could come with a mini story or something on a card to say why its important if its not on a book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that idea. AG used to do that with the smaller pamphlets and short stories.

      Delete
  9. Its cute but shouldn't the k in MKM be at the end and not the middle?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, fancy monograms have the surname initial larger in the middle and the first and middle initials on the side, like so. The monogram is 100% correct.

      Delete
    2. oh ok thanks for telling me that I didn't know.

      Delete
    3. I didn't know that either and had the same question so thank you! :D

      Delete
  10. Maybe it's for a new 1920s character. They did trademark a name like Barbara, which was a pretty popular in the 1920s, according to Social Security.

    I think Kit may be archived soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so hard to predict. :/ I think from the monogram it makes the most sense for Kit but I guess we'll have to wait for the release to find out!

      Delete
  11. I hope they release this for Kit! I love this dress! You may already know but the shoes are actually Gabriella McBride's (GOTY 2017) jazz shoes from one of her outfit sets... I can't remember which one.

    ReplyDelete