Thursday, July 21, 2016

Mini Josie wanders through 4 parks in Brazil

While I was in Brazil, I went to various parks. This one is the “Jardim Botânico” (Botanical garden). It has a greenhouse that keeps the plants from being damaged by the low temperatures in the autumn and winter.

This park has a lot of places to walk and a big lawn for picnics.

The other park that I visited in Brazil was the “Parque Tanguá” (Park Tanguá).

It has lots of fountains and spaces with water.

In this park there is also a waterfall, but unfortunately I wasn’t able to go see it. I loved to going here!

The penultimate park that I went was the “Bosque Zaninelle” (Zaninelle Wood). It used to be a quarry a long time ago, but now they turned it into a park. This is the entrance of the park. Super cool!

To see the part of the park where the quarry was located you have to walk on this trail in the middle of theses trees and plants. It was very humid in there but very beautiful.

Here is where the quarry was located! This park doesn’t have much to offer, but the nature there is amazing! It also has a lovely lake.

I really loved to going here and spending some time admiring this incredible view!

The last park that I went to was the “Bosque do Alemão” (German Wood). It’s a park to celebrate the German immigration. It also has a forest where you can walk and read the story of Hansel and Gretel (this story is called "João e Maria" in Portuguese).

At the end of the day after exploring all of these parks, we passed by a long street that had these typical autumn trees which lose all their leaves in the autumn. Since that day there wasn’t many leaves left, my host gave me a leaf that she collected a little while ago so I could glue it in my journal.


To see more of Josie’s adventures, click here to view her Travel Log!

7 comments:

  1. Wow! Is Mini Josie attending the Olympics this August?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, that would be exciting!

      Lissie
      lissiesdollstories.blogspot.com

      Delete
    2. Josie will not be attending the Olympics since she's already with her next host in Shanghai. ^_^

      Delete
  2. Josefina looks so happy and enjoying herself.
    Marion

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing Josefina's adventure. Love her outfit.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for reading! I'm glad you enjoy seeing the updates from her trip! ^_^

      Delete