Thursday, October 13, 2016

Photos of Leaked New Undergarments for Felicity

Updated: The wonderful Skayh754 shared detailed photos of how this set looks modeled on her Felicity doll! You can view the photos here: http://lissieandlilly.blogspot.com/2016/11/detail-photos-of-felicitys-new-outfit.html

I've been so busy with my rotation hours at the hospital this semester that I haven't been able to post near as much, but this new leak is too exciting not to share! 

Back in August, we found that the 1774 historical character Felicity's books would be reprinted in the new Beforever format to be published next February, and rumors flew that the doll herself would come back from the American Girl archive. A few days ago, Gabbie sent us the link to what appears to be a new underclothing set for Felicity and it gives more evidence that we may very well see our feisty Revolutionary War era girl come back! I have added it to the Master List of Leaked AG Releases. ^_^


Link to Master List of Leaked AG Releases: http://lissieandlilly.blogspot.com/p/leaked-ag-releases.html

Original eBay Photos:
First and foremost, aside from the excitement that it looks like Felicity will be re-released, I am about to roll to Mars and back with giddiness that AG is still making historical underclothing! It looks like this set will have an undershift, laced stays, and a bum roll. 

I'm going to start with the bum roll, because honestly, why wouldn't I? :D This piece was never originally part of Felicity's collection the first time around. And yes... I did have to look up the name. 

You can find more information on the bum roll here: http://demodecouture.com/late-18th-century-skirt-supports/

Felicity's old under garments also included plain white stays, and it makes me happy to see she's getting pretty new stays! I can also see a lot of people using this for steampunk outfits too. ^_^

The shift looks like the standard shift that AG used to include with the Felicity and Elizabeth dolls.

I told myself to not get my hopes up when I saw the information leak about the reprinting of Felicity's books but it's too late, my hopes are UP! :D I really hope AG brings her back for a short stay, and from the looks of this leak at least, it seems like AG is going to spruce her wardrobe up but still stay true to her time period. ^_^



Link to Original eBay Auction: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Doll-Clothes-For-American-Girl-18-Inch-outfit-/252578392582

18 comments:

  1. ooh. I do like the corset.
    I liked the link about bums, some of the dresses pictured there would be nice please, and some tall wigs would be a fun thing too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha! I would LOVE a tall wig for Felicity's hairstyling set! :D

      Delete
  2. *SCREAMS AND DABS VIGOROUSLY TO THE HAMILTON SOUNDTRACK IN CELEBRATION*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooo I didn't even think about Hamilton! But hopefully Felicity can ride that colonial wave to good sales! :D

      Delete
  3. Did you see The new Blue Felicity Dress they listed this morning?

    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Doll-Clothes-For-American-Girl-18-Inch-Doll-outfit-/262674072526?hash=item3d289843ce:g:-58AAOSw8w1YAOtX


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! It's beautiful and I'm so excited to find out if it's a stand alone outfit or a meet outfit. ^_^

      Delete
  4. Ooh, very exciting! Felicity was retired before I got into collecting, but she's a fun character from an important time period. I'm excited to see more of her clothes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I'm glad because with the exception of Josefina and Addy, all of the current characters are in the 1900's so it's nice to see some earlier periods.

      Delete
  5. I want Lissie to come to CT!! If it happens I'm totes getting her!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If she's re-released, she will be available to all states through AG's website.

      Delete
  6. I got the original doll right before she was retried, and I would love to get her new collection.I will definitely be getting her.

    ReplyDelete
  7. YAY! felicity gets pretty stays and a bum roll thingy :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the bum roll! XD Mainly because I'm immature and hearing bum roll makes me laugh. :D

      Delete
  8. At last a bum roll! now the dresses will look better shape for the period. Love the patterned corset. So exciting

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha yes! I can't wait to try it out with her older outfits too!

      Delete