Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Store Photos of Special Package Deals, Bed, & New Carrier

Currently AG is having a sale online for "Special Package Deals" which mainly consist of $40 matching Girls and Dolls sleepwear, as well as a new purple bed, Salon Styling Set, and Clothes Shopping set. You can view the whole sale offerings on the AG website here: http://www.americangirl.com/shop/sale/special-package-deals

I was recently at the AG store and was happy to discover the stores had the new items, and honored the online sale prices as well. I took just a few quick photos of the store displays and some details that stood out to me of the Salon Styles Collection, AG Store Collection, Floral Bed Collection, and a new Doll Carrier.

*Please do not repost/copy/claim these images without written permission.*

Salon Styles Collection:
$50 for everything shown (excluding dolls)

The hairstyling tools fit perfectly into the slots of these cardboard holder which can be fitted into the scene. The mirror is not actually reflective, but it is cover with a silver foil like material.

AG Store Collection:
$50 for everything shown (excluding dolls)

The shopping bags are made of a thick paper.

The scene board for this and the previous collection are made of a thick, glossy covered cardboard, similar to the science fair poster board in the Truly Me telescope set. It is higher quality than the other cardboard scenes AG offers. The set pieces are made of the same materials and fit into the scene board like a puzzle.

Back of the scene board where the "table" piece fits in.

Cardboard hangers. :/ I wish they were the actual plastic AG hangers.

Floral Bed Collection:
The bed is made of wood, not plastic, and it is very solid but still light. I think this is an excellent quality piece and definitely worth the price of $60. 
The bedding comes with the bed.

Back of pillows
The little black letters just mean this is a display piece.

Back of reversible coverlet. 
Mattress is light blue and polka dotted. :)

The headboard has the 3 AG stars design.

Underneath the mattress is the baseboard which sits on the frame.

Foot of bed also has the 3 AG stars and full AG logo.

The back of the headboard is plain.

New Doll Carrier:
I love that the design of this new doll carrier is like an AG doll box! ^_^ 
Doll Carrier - $30
Unfortunately there is not plastic protective covering over the circular hole. :/ I wish there was so the doll face would not be exposed to the elements. 

Back
It can be worn as a backpack! :)

Inside
The interior is quite roomy actually and there is a strap to hold the doll down in place. You can fill the pouches on the lid with clothes, and stuff extra clothing in the space around the doll to keep the doll from shifting. Just remember, there is no cover over the hole in the lid so things may fall out.

Williams-Sonoma Baking Tools for Girls:
There weren't many left. These are just what the store still had.
Full sized and mini spatulas.

Pizza Set & Cupcakes Set

New In Store Winter Exclusives for Girls:
These are just two new items that were not at the store the last time I went. You can see the full list of the In Store Winter Exclusives for Girls & PWPs at this link: http://lissieandlilly.blogspot.com/2015/10/in-store-winter-exclusives-for-girls.html
Love Necklace - $10

Fluffy Cream Scarf - $12

All infinity scarf variations - $12

Random Photos of Gardening Bench:
I noticed a few things about the Sunshine Gardening Bench that I hadn't noticed before, once again cementing in my mind this is one of the most "playable" sets AG has come out with recently. ^_^
The hive comes out! 

The tiny ladybugs come on a sticker sheet!

The butterflies can be held stably in the finger gap of the dolls! :D

-

24 comments:

  1. So cool! I am rather surprised at the price of the bed, considering it's made of wood and includes bedding. Way to go, AG! ;)

    ~Lizzy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I was taken aback too. The bed is such a good price compared to other AG beds they have released recently.

      Delete
  2. The bed is cute and simple, which is nice for new American Girl lovers. Does it look like the hair salon package comes with more than the AG Doll Store Package?

    -American Girl Doll Crafter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmm, I think it feels like the Hair Salon set comes with more because it's an accessories set which you can do more things with, compared to the AG Store set which has outfits to try on. In terms of monetary value, I would say they are pretty equal, but in terms of play value I think the Hair Salon would be more fun for kids. :)

      Delete
  3. do you know if the bed is a liminted edition set?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not sure. Everything AG releases will one day be retired but I don't know if this bed will be gone in a few weeks, a few months, or last the typical year or two that normal AG releases get since it was a special release, separate from the 4 main ones.

      Delete
  4. Doesn't the stage-like scene come off as a little too short for to the dolls themselves?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the stage scenes are shorter than the dolls themselves.

      Delete
  5. Wow!! I have two AG dressing room scenes in route and I'm a lttle bummed at how short they are. I'm thinking I could add a red or white border around the top. Thanks so much for pics LilyMaiden!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a good idea for increasing the height of the scene! :) I'm glad you enjoyed the images!

      Delete
  6. Oh my goodness! These sets are awesome deals, and considering they are AG----just wow. I kind of surprised at how many sales AG has had this past year. But, anyways, I love the bed! That is so cute, nice and cheap for AG, and just......ADORABLE! Definitely going on my Christmas list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I wasn't sold on the bed from the online images, but once I saw it in person, I was really impressed with the quality and how much you get for only $60! Definitely an amazing deal!

      Delete
  7. I love that travel case! So wish it had plastic over the hole--big miss on that. I wonder if I could e6000 a piece of plastic there. Hmmmm.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha! That's actually what I was considering as well! :D And then just to wrap a soft cloth around the doll's face so she doesn't get any shine marks in transit. ^_^

      Delete
    2. I heard somewhere before that AG didn't have plastic on the area you see the face to prevent any kind of discoloration or damage from the plastic to the doll's face.

      Delete
    3. That makes sense as I can see the plastic making shine marks on the face, but I would have preferred it, and just covered the doll's face with an outfit to protect it. :)

      Delete
  8. I really like the bed set they have right now - great price. Needs some sheets, but otherwise seems to be quite affordable and sturdy.

    Thank you for sharing all the photos. That creamy scarf looks like it would be a lot of fun for winter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I think all of the AG beds lack sheets but it is very affordable (relative to other AG beds) and well made. ^_^ The scarf is indeed super soft! I kept hugging it and debating if I could get away with wearing it. :D

      Delete
    2. Of course you could! I'm sure there is something similar in Vogue magazine. :)

      Delete
    3. :D Hahaha! Do I need any more convincing? I might as well add it to my shopping list now. ^_^

      Delete
  9. I need to get that bed. Trying to be rationale though as we have so many beds already. Lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha! I'm sure they need a guest bed for when friends visit right?

      Delete
  10. I really like the carrier, but like you said, it needs some protection. Maybe its so the dolls can breathe??XD
    I, if I got it, would be taking it on plane journeys as well as around and about. I'm scared that the first time I use it rains or something weird like that lol. I'll probably buy the our generation one :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm the same way. If I get a carrier, I want it to be completely sealed so nothing falls out. :)

      Delete