Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Photos of 1960s BeForever Floral Peplum Skirt Outfit on Doll

Last week, we posted about the second potential leaked Floral Peplum Dress outfit for the 1960s BeForever character that American Girl has confirmed will be black and released next year in 2016. Potential names for this character are still very much up for debate (though I personally am rooting for Melody Ellison). ^_^

It was difficult to see the details and lay of the dress from the eBay images so we were so excited when one of our readers let us know she was able to purchase the outfit and wanted to share the photos she took of the outfit on her beautiful #26 doll with us to post here.

*Please do not repost/copy/claim these photos without written permission.*

Original eBay Photos:
Front

Back

Collector's Photos of Floral Dress on Doll:
*swoon swoon swoon a thousand times over*
This outfit was MADE for #26! The entire outfit is all one piece, which is easier for young children to handle, though I personally wish the underskirt had been a separate piece.

The collector informed me the 2 images below are the most accurate reflection of the dress' true color.
Close up of bow on front.

Close up of pleats on peplum skirt in front. Love me some pleats please! ^_^

Side view
The peplum skirt has a high-low hem, which shows off the underskirt really cutely!

Another side view.

According to our reader who sent us these photos, the material of the dress is very interesting. She described it as "slick" and that it took her by surprise.

A back view of the underskirt with the peplum over skirt hem lifted. You can see that this item does indeed have the American Girl clothes tag on it. I also like the little slit in the back of the underskirt, even if it is hidden by the peplum over skirt. The outfit in my mind is associated with an older girl (older teen) or adult woman, but AG has always been flexible when it came to the age accuracy of their designs so this doesn't surprise me.

Back view of dress.
The floral print used for the dress is so perfect for the 1960s! It definitely gives off that retro feel for me. ^_^

I am in love with this outfit and I *really* hope it is indeed for the 1960s black BeForever character released next year. I know the style probably would not have been worn by 8-12 year old girls at the time, but it is such a cute, fun, well designed outfit and seeing #26 wear it really cinches the deal for me.
Definitely in the "will absolutely buy" category for me. :D


All 1960s BeForever Melody Ellison Leaks/Info/Photos:
Link to Photos of 1960s Beforever Melody Doll in Various Hairstyles:
http://lissieandlilly.blogspot.com/2016/07/photos-of-melody-with-various.html

Link to Comparison Photos of Melody, Addy, & Cecile Dolls:
http://lissieandlilly.blogspot.com/2016/07/comparison-photos-of-melody-addy-cecile.html

Link to 1960s Beforever Melody Doll Review with Photos:
http://lissieandlilly.blogspot.com/2016/06/1960s-beforever-melody-ellison-doll.html

Link to Photos Possible Red Polka Dot Birthday Dress for 1960s Beforever Melody Ellison:
http://lissieandlilly.blogspot.com/2016/05/photos-of-potential-red-dress-for-truly.html

        ->Link to Detail Photos of Red Polka Dot Dress Modeled on Sonali Doll:
            http://lissieandlilly.blogspot.com/2016/06/photos-of-red-dress-for-beforever.html

Link to Photos of Potential Gold Bow Dress for 1960s Beforever Melody Ellison:
http://lissieandlilly.blogspot.com/2016/05/leaked-gold-dress-for-beforever-melody.html

Link to Photos of Potential Gold Coat, Hat, & Gloves Set for 1960s Beforever Melody Ellison:
http://lissieandlilly.blogspot.com/2016/05/leaked-photos-of-coat-for-beforever.html

        ->Link to Collector Detail Photos of Potential Gold Coat for 1960s Beforever Melody:
            http://lissieandlilly.blogspot.com/2016/05/golden-coat.html

Link to Photos of Blue Pajama Top for 1960s Beforever Melody Ellison:
http://lissieandlilly.blogspot.com/2016/03/photos-of-1960s-beforever-melodys_28.html

        ->Link to Photos of Complete Blue Starry Pajamas Outfit for 1960s Beforever Melody:
            http://lissieandlilly.blogspot.com/2016/06/leaked-photos-of-beforever-melodys-full.html

Link to Photos of Rainbow Play Outfit for 1960s Beforever Melody Ellison:
http://lissieandlilly.blogspot.com/2016/03/photos-of-1960s-beforever-melodys.html

Link to Stock Photos for Doll & Floral Peplum Dress for 1960s Beforever Melody Ellison:
http://lissieandlilly.blogspot.com/2016/02/stock-photos-for-melody-doll-floral.html

Link to Photos of Doll & Collection for 1960s Beforever Melody Ellison:
http://lissieandlilly.blogspot.com/2016/02/1960s-beforever-melody-doll-collection.html

Link to Journey Book Cover Illustration for 1960s Beforever Melody Ellison:
http://lissieandlilly.blogspot.com/2016/01/journy-book-cover-for-1960s-beforever.html

Link to Book 2 Cover Illustration for 1960s Beforever Melody Ellison:
http://lissieandlilly.blogspot.com/2016/01/book-2-cover-for-1960s-beforever-melody.html

Link to Potential Release/Debut Date for 1960s Beforever Melody Doll & Collection:
http://lissieandlilly.blogspot.com/2015/12/1960s-beforever-melody-ellison-release.html

Link to Photos of Pet Dog for 1960s Beforever character Melody Ellison:
http://lissieandlilly.blogspot.com/2015/12/photos-of-1960s-beforever-melody.html

        ->Link to Collector Detail & Comparison Photos of Pet Dog for 1960s Beforever Melody:
            http://lissieandlilly.blogspot.com/2016/01/photos-of-1960s-beforever-melodys-dog.html

Link to Photos of potential store debut gift & name for 1960s BeForever girl modeled on dolls:

Link to 2nd potential leaked outfit, Floral Peplum Dress, for BeForever 2016:

       ->Link to Photos of 1960s BeForever Floral Bow Dress modeled on Truly Me #26 doll:

Link to 1st potential leaked outfit, Green Plaid Dress, for BeForever 2016: 

       ->Link to Photos of 1960s BeForever Green Houndstooth Dress modeled on Kanani doll:
           http://lissieandlilly.blogspot.com/2015/11/photos-of-1960s-beforever-green.html

       ->Link to Photos of Melody's Green Meet Dress modeled on Truly Me #62 doll:
           http://lissieandlilly.blogspot.com/2016/06/photos-of-truly-me-62-in-beforever.html

Link to information about the 2016 BeForever historical character's book 1

       ->Link to Cover Illustration & Back Cover Summary for 1960s BeForever Book 1:

       ->Link to Book 1 Chapter List, and Book 2 & Journey Book Titles & Summaries:

       ->Link to Specific Details about Melody, her family, and story from Book 1:

26 comments:

  1. Very cute! I love seeing new pictures from your blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad to hear you enjoy the photos! ^_^ Which reminds me, I need to get the next L&L episode up sometime next week. :D

      Delete
  2. Yay! It's real! I hope I love this 60's BeForever as much as I love this dress, heh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha! I think there's a very good chance it is real. I just hope it really is for the 1960s BeForever character, though even if it is from the Truly Me line, I'll still want it. :D

      Delete
  3. Funny, I have #26 on my wishlist, and I was going to name her Melody! :)
    I agree, this dress is stunning on #26, and any dark-skinned doll in general. I can't wait for next year! :D

    ~Lizzy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooo you should! Then you could have Melody twins or sisters or best friends! :D That would be so cute and fun! ^_^

      Delete
  4. SO CUTE! i am totaly getting it i am just wondeing who there are going to retire? someyone told me that kit will but idk if it is just a rumor or not

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard rumors that Addy will retire in a year or so. I wonder why AG can't have 2 AA dolls...

      Delete
    2. As far as I am currently aware, there is no one main contender for the next archival. :/

      Delete
  5. What an adorable dress! It looks great on that doll, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE this! Pink is my favorite color, and the flower print is stylish yet retro. I hope this will be available to buy! I'm sure Melody will look gorgeous in this. :)

    -American Girl Doll Crafter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The print is what really made me think it could be for the BeForever character, even though the high-low hem may not be an exact match. ^_^ It's so flattering on #26 and I can't wait to see what our 1960s girl will look in it.

      Delete
  7. The interesting thing about this outfit is that I don't care for each single feature on it's own (print, cut, big bow), but when they are all together, I love it. It helps that the colors are suited for darker skin. I wonder what accessories will come with it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hairband & shoes. Maybe socks if AG is feeling generous. :D
      *completely my guess

      Delete
  8. This is so cute. This doll and her collection will definitely have a place in my home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! ^_^ I can't wait to see how the doll herself will look!

      Delete
  9. I am sure that BF2016 won't be released in January because unless they're going for a surprise, they'd have given us hints by now- didn't we have a book picture of Maryellen in July-ish?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, we had a book image for Maryellen around the summer. I don't think she will be released January 1st either. :) It wouldn't make sense to have her compete with the GOTY 2016.

      Delete
  10. This is really cute!! :)
    ~Jaclynn~

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really like it! I'm sure this will look GREAT on the new doll! I'm so exited aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhh
    I'm quite exited for the 1960's doll I'm sure the outfits and accessories will be great.
    Do you have ANY idea when she's released? I think she might come out around the same time Maryellen came out, mid year...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All my focus and excitement is turning towards the 1960s doll as well! I agree that she will most likely be released about the same time as Maryellen was this year. ^_^

      Delete
  12. Heather MCLaughlinJuly 14, 2016 at 4:23 PM

    I have seen several patterns for girls in sizes as small as 4 in this or a very similar style. Its pretty on trend right now actually.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that's great for parents who want to make their children a "matching" outfit! ^_^

      Delete