Sunday, December 27, 2015

Store Photos of Sale, New Outfits/Accessories, Candy, & Special Mini Dolls

I was at the store yesterday to see the end of the year sale items, and was very pleasantly surprised to see several of the new items for next year already out on display! The new special edition mini dolls were out, along with the Truly Me Valentine outfits, a new store shirt, a treats food set that goes with the doll chair, a Truly Me Diabetes Kit, AG brand candy/chocolates, and my personal favorite, a large, plush Coconut to snuggle with!

I managed to take some photos with my phone and they are organized below. I tried my best to remember the prices but have forgotten a few. Please do not repost/claim/copy any of these images without written permission.

2016 Special Edition Mini Dolls: 
All 8 of the current historical Beforever characters get their own special edition mini doll. The boxes for these mini dolls are much larger than the regular mini doll boxes. There is a lot of "space" in the boxes, and each mini doll has a plastic insert that completely surrounds her silhouette to protect her from jiggling about in the box.

All the special edition mini dolls come with a mini version of their Journey book, as well as a "walking" mini doll stand (holds the legs in a walking pose, like the original meet book illustrations) which are now shown in this photo.

Front view of box for Kaya
She is wearing her Deerskin Outfit.

The two sides both look like this.

Back of box for Kaya

Josefina in Feast Day Outfit

Addy in Sunday Best Outfit

Samantha in Special Day Dress

Samantha's mini doll comes with a mini hair band to match the full sized doll version.

Julie in Mix-Print Maxi Dress

Julie also comes with a mini plain purple hearband to match her full sized version of this outfit.

Kit in Reporter Dress

Maryellen in Birthday Dress

Rebecca in Holiday Outfit

Here is a photo showing what I mean by the new "walking" stands that come with each mini doll.

Truly Me Valentine Outfits:
The Truly Me Valentine outfits are out!

Red Hearts Ruffle Outfit for Dolls - $28
Red Hearts Ruffle Outfit for Girls - $49
We saw this outfit when it leaked a while back so this one is no surprise


Comes with a plastic hearts bracelet.

And a plain, red ribbon headband.
(Thank goodness too, or it would really have been hearts overload! XD)

The dress is made from a light, sheer material like chiffon or organza, and has a plain, light pink underskirt. The girl sized version is made of similar material.

Back view of dress.

Valentine Tee Gift Set - $12
Comes with the shirt and the envelope.

Shirt worn on doll.

Close up of graphic on shirt. 
The ego tag is on the side but not obtrusive as it is a similar shade of pink. The graphic is a decal and shows ear buds over a glittery, silver heart, and words that say "Listen to your Heart". 

Close up of front of envelope

New Truly Me Outfit (name?):
The graphic on the shirt shows a bird with a blue heart and the words "No job is too small!"
*Update: Thank you to American Girl Doll Artist who informed me that this shirt is from the activity book "Doll at Work". ^_^

New Store Shirt & Skirt:
There is a new store exclusive shirt and skirt, both for dolls and girls. I'm afraid I don't remember the prices for these. 

Doll modeling Store Shirt

The decal is metallic and shows several stars. The AG logo with the store name underneath it is in the bottom, right corner. 

Doll modeling new Store Shirt and new Skirt.
The skirt has zigzag rows of different sized stars in different colors. The waistband is elastic and has a little purple ribbon bow.

Diabetes Kit:
 Diabetes Kit - ? (I didn't see a price for this posted.)
It comes with a storage bag, insulin pump, insulin pen, glucose monitor, lancet, log book, glucose tablets, decorative stickers, and adhesive stickers.
I love this set and think it is a wonderful accessory set! So many children have type 1 diabetes in the USA and it is important to show them they are just as important and recognized as any other child, as well as show children who do not have type 1 diabetes that their peers who do are also just like them and help them learn about this condition.

Close up of lancet, glucose monitor, glucose tablets, and insulin pen.

Insulin Pump covered with a decorative sticker

Insulin Pump

Front of Insulin Pump
Plastic through and through, with a sticker "screen". The buttons cannot be pushed.

Back of Insulin Pump.
It can clip onto your doll's outfit. I find it rather hilarious the AG logo ego star was imprinted into the plastic of the clip.

Log Book

Inside pages of Log Book

Log Book and Medical Bracelet

Medical bracelet has a purple cord and a "silver" tag that says "Type 1 Diabetes" with the medical symbol on either side.

Storage Case with ID Card
It's a wristlet for the doll to carry everything in. It looks small but fits all the pieces in this set.

Storage Case with ID Card

Glucose tablets
All one piece of plastic. Lid does not come off.

Insulin Pen
One piece of plastic I think. I can't recall if the lid came off or not. The AG logo is on the side, and underneath it is "Insulin Pen" in blue letters.

Glucose Monitor
Plastic with sticker "screen". The buttons can't be pushed.

Lancet Device for Glucose Monitor
All one piece of plastic. 

Sticks on the left, to decorate the insulin pump. Adhesive discs on the right also for the insulin pump "needle".

A paper insert inside shows all the pieces that come with this set.

The other side has a diagram showing how to attach the adhesive disc to the insulin pump "needle".

Candy/Chocolate:
It seems like American Girl has their own brand of candy! Or specifically jelly beans and chocolates. ^_^ I actually saw these at the Chicago store over the summer, so the flagship stores may have always had them, but this is the first time I have seen them in a smaller AG store. 
The jelly beans have interesting flavors. I want to try the cheesecake one, but not the cherry. 

This little pouch contains 8 small square of chocolate.

The cardboard purse fits in my hand and closes with a velcro dot.

And then there are these sets of 10 milk chocolate squares with random quiz questions/riddles. 

New Treats Seats Set Food Accessory:
Treat Seats Set - ? (I forgot, I'm sorry.)
This adorable set comes with a plastic pink plate, plastic cinnamon roll, white plastic cup with pink flower decal, a plastic "glass" of pink lemonade, and a napkin with a ribbon bow napkin holder.
The set is designed to look like a doll sized version of what you get when you visit the Bistro at an AG store. The plastic insert/cardboard holder fits over the Doll Seat arms which is a very convenient and nice touch for those who want to play their doll is eating at the AG Bistro with them.

Plush Stuffed Coconut:
Coconut Plush Toy - $20
I saved the best for last! Look how adorable plush Coconut is! I can attest to how soft and squishy he is. ^_^ 

Here he is next to an 18 inch doll so you can get a sense of scale.

50 comments:

  1. WOW! I love AG's new items! Thank you for sharing them with us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think they're very nice too! ^_^ I'm glad you enjoyed seeing the photos!

      Delete
  2. The "new" Truly me shirt that's not named is actually from the activity book "Doll at Work." The boots and leggings are separate accessories. I love the detailed photos of the mini dolls. Do you think AG is planning to come out with any more each month like last year?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for letting me know! I didn't realize it came with the activity book. :)

      Since all 8 of the current historical Beforever girls already have their special edition mini on the shelves, I don't think they'll do a month by month release, though I am hoping they'll make a special edition Melody doll for when she comes out. ^_^

      Delete
    2. That would be cool! :) I think for one of their year anniversary, they should have limited edition girl of the year mini dolls. Kanani would just look adorable. :)

      Delete
    3. Who is Melody?! I clearly don't follow these pages enough or know where to look haha.

      Delete
    4. Melody is an African American girl who is going to be the next Beforever character. Her story is centered around music and singing. We don't know for sure when she's going to be released yet though.

      Delete
    5. Thank you for answering her question American Girl Doll Artist! ^_^ Stephanie H., if you want to see more leaks for her, you can do so at this link: http://lissieandlilly.blogspot.com/2015/12/specific-details-for-1960s-beforever.html

      It seems she will be released next July. ^_^

      Delete
  3. I think the Valentines Set is nice if you want to surprise someone. It's really cute! :) I'm not too sure about the Coconut stuffed animal.... It doesn't really look like her to me. The cinnamon roll looks just like the one from the Delicious Breakfast Set! I don't care for the heart dress, but it's ok. I never guessed that they would make a dress for girls. Does anyone know if the Valentines gift set is going to be sold online, or is that just a store exclusive?

    -American Girl Doll Crafter
    Dolldays.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the cinnamon roll is the same one from the breakfast set! ^_^ The hearts dress is cute, but a little overkill on the hearts theme for me. :) I can't remember if they sold the Valentines gift set online last year, but if they don't you can check with a personal shopper at a store to see if they would ship it to you, or if you like, you can send me a message and I'd be happy to pick one up to mail to you. ^_^

      Delete
    2. The Valentine's gift set for this year was available online, so this next one will probably be too. :)

      Delete
    3. Oh wonderful! It would be such a same if online shoppers couldn't partake in such a cute outfit. ^_^

      Delete
  4. Can you come out with outfits for minis too but individual

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's not related to American Girl, she's just a fan.

      Delete
    2. As Golden Freddy stated, I am not affiliated with AG in any way and have no control over what they release.

      Delete
  5. The diabetes set is $24, my older sister has type 1
    -Lea and Samantha

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can't wait to get the new mini dolls. The Addy mini doll is my favorite. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She has such a sweet expression and her mini version of the Sunday Best outfit is so detailed and cute!

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. Yes! I thought it was a great idea for AG to make it! :)

      Delete
  8. The diabetes set is $24, forearm crutches are $14, and the shirt and skirt for dolls are $12 each. I'm diabetic so I'm ordering this set immediately! I think it's awesome that AG made the insulin pump the latest version with the blood glucose sensor built in lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for sharing the prices! I absolutely agree with you that it's just wonderful AG made this set. It's accurate to the ones for humans that I've seen. ^_^

      Delete
  9. Hey Im back lol
    In case you didn't know, your blog was mentioned in a recent news article on a radio website about Lea Clark http://947freshfm.cbslocal.com/2015/12/28/sneak-peek-american-girl-doll-of-the-year-2016-lea-clark/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow! What an honor! Thank you so much for bringing this to my attention and sharing the link with me! ^_^

      Delete
  10. http://m.ebay.com/itm/American-Girl-Doll-LEA-CLARK-GOTY-2016-BOOK-NEW-IN-BOX-BONUS-AG-CAMERA-BAG-/291648467699?nav=SEARCH It looks like ag will be relesing a camera in honor of the year of Lea Clark!
    -Samantha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I looked at the listing and the camera is actually retired. :( The doll unfortunately is just a photo taken from agupdatenews and they don't have the doll yet.

      Delete
    2. If you read it it says it ships out January 1 so they just go pick out a doll at the AG store and is the same doll for a higher price.

      Delete
    3. I'm not an idiot I knew they didn't have the doll yet, you see it says it ships out on January 1 so they just pic a doll out. I bet you'd be enough of an idiot to buy it if you didn't know how to read, or can you?
      -Samantha

      Delete
    4. How do you know the camera is retired? Even though Samantha is dramatic I agree with her, and it's not just caus she's my sister
      -Lea

      Delete
    5. I think calling someone else an idiot is completely unnecessary and rude. If I'm telling everyone that the seller doesn't have the doll yet, why would I buy her? I can just go to the store and get her cheaper, yes I know that. In the description the seller says the camera is retired and she's just including it in the auction.

      Delete
    6. We already KNOW the seller doesn't have the doll, we've said that like 5 times, you don't need to repeat that.
      -Samantha

      Delete
    7. That is absolutely enough! Do not call people names here. No one called you an idiot and there is no need for that unsavory language. If you know the doll does not ship til the 1st, then that is wonderful you took the time to read the listing in full. There are many others who may scroll through these comments and not be aware, either because they are new to AG or because they are new to eBay, and the comment regarding the shipping date could help them. I have been going through and manually allowing each of your comments since Blogger is still marking them spam, but if you continue to bring such hostility, I will no longer do so. Please be respectful of others here. I want everyone to feel comfortable sharing their thoughts and advice without fear of being attacked.

      Delete
    8. Sorry, I wasn't calling anyone an idiot and was stating that I am not an idiot like she is implying.
      -Samantha

      Delete
    9. I appreciate you apologizing, thank you. Please understand that she was not implying you or anyone was an idiot. The person who commented merely wanted others to be aware of the "trick" the ebay seller is using so no one falls into the trap. Not every comment is directed towards you. Many people post comments for the benefit of all the other people who read through this section. It is difficult to tell tone online, but please do not jump to conclusions and assume that others are attacking you and respond accordingly. Give people the benefit of the doubt and assume they are only trying to be helpful, not hurtful.

      Delete
    10. This conversation is closed. I will let Blogger filter out any more off topic comments in this thread as spam. I have no intention of letting L&L become a breeding ground of unnecessary drama.

      Delete
  11. Love the Valentine dress but not so crazy about the other items, although the diabetes set is good, but they made it too plastic like and realistic looking like some of their other stuff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel like the general trend is towards plastic, which makes sense for children toys, but as an adult collection I feel disappointed. :/

      Delete
    2. Yeah I want it to look as realistic as possible

      Delete
    3. I agree. I like realism but I suppose having an actual working diabetic kit at that scale is going to be way out of my price range, if it's even possible in the first place! :D

      Delete
  12. Mini dolls seriously??? WE need outfits or accessories! Although I do like the idea of special edition GOTYs, I would love Kanani and Marisol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm afraid I disagree with you on mini dolls. :) I love them and think they're really cute! I would like to see more outfits and accessories but I think the mini dolls are a good idea too.

      Delete
  13. Love the diabetes kit!
    -Lea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am very dorry for the drama my sister caused, she is in a drama class and thinks the whole world wants to see her dramatic side, she embarrasses me very much by posting these comments and again I am very sorry. I hope you understand.
      -Lea

      Delete
  14. I hope that they could find a way to make cochlear implants because they do have hearing aids available but my daughter uses cochlear implants because she is profoundly deaf.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I told my mom when I heard about this, "I want this set." I don't even have Diabetes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think even if people don't have diabetes, they can get this set and learn about the condition. :)

      Delete