Monday, February 9, 2015

Mini Josie Discovers Beads in New Orleans, LA

HI everyone! I finally made it to New Orleans and what did I find? A big pile of Mardi Gras beads!  My host tells me I'll be able to catch my own beads at Mardi Gras parades I'll be taken to later this week.  I can hardly wait!!!!  

These are more fun than a Ball Pit!

I also just discovered this King Cake in the kitchen. Wow! It sure is big compared to me. My host explained it's a tradition to enjoy a slice of King Cake during the Mardi Gras season. They are decorated with purple, green, and gold colored sugar.  Those are the official Mardi Gras colors.  She told me it tastes similar to a flakier, moist cinnamon roll, only bigger. Some King Cakes have filling too.  I'm so hungry for a snack after my long trip--YUM!

This is the King Cake baby.  It's a little plastic toy.  You're supposed to put this baby inside the cake and the person that gets the baby in their piece has to bring you another King Cake. That sounds good to me.  My host hasn't put the baby in this cake yet, but she will as soon she opens the cake.  YAY!!  I hope I get a really big piece.

BYE for now!
xo
Josie

To see more of Josie’s adventures, click here to view her Travel Log!

No comments:

Post a Comment