Thursday, May 21, 2015

Store Photos of Truly Me Release - May 21

I had class early this morning, but fortunately we were let out a little early. As soon as we finished, I sprinted out of the lecture hall. My class mates called out to me, "What's the rush? There's no class this afternoon!"

To which I responded, "NO TIME! TODAY'S THE NEW RELEASE FOR AMERICAN GIRL!"

:D

I didn't make it to the store til the afternoon but was able to spend a fun time looking at the new releases. Overall I really love the summer release as well as the variety of the new dolls. However, I was a bit unprepared for the small size of the release for a debut (I had made it out to be a very large affair in my mind). I'm not too keen on the flamingo theme this summer (why not Galapagos tortoises?) or the new meet outfit and accessories, but hey, it's only two years right? XD

Here are the photos from my visit, organized into the following categories (no measurements this time because there wasn't really anything to measure).

*DO NOT use these on your site/blog/channel, or direct link to the images. Feel free to link to this post.*

To view full sized image, Right Click on the image, then select "Open link in new tab" or "Open link in new window".

Dolls
-#54: Changed from Jess to Ivy mold
-#62: Sonali mold, Medium skin, Brown hair (medium length), Amber eyes (pinwheel like #26)
-#63: Classic mold, Light skin, Blond hair (medium length), Blue eyes (regular pinwheel blue) 
-#64: Ivy mold, Light skin, Dark brown hair (mid back length), Brown eyes (pinwheel dark brown)

Outfits for Dolls
-Truly Me Meet Outfit
-Love to Layer Accessories
-Shimmer Doodle Outfit
-Flamingo Beach Dress
-Seaside Fun Outfit
-PWP: Store Exclusive - Swim Shirt & Shorts

Outfits for Girls
-Lilac Dress & Vest
-Flamingo Beach Dress
-Shimmer Doodle Outfit
-Flip Flops

Accessories & Furniture
-Store Exclusive - Summer Sailboard Set
-Beach Hammock Set
-Beach Blanket Set
-Wheel Activity that comes with doll
-New Starter Earrings

Books & Craft Kits

General Store Photos

-

21 comments:

  1. Wow! You were busy! Thank you for all the photos and details!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by and looking! I'm glad you found the pictures fun to look at! ^_^

      Delete
  2. The mental picture of you running off to the AG store after class is fantastic. Thank you for all the photos! You've definitely made some decisions much easier.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha! It was quite the reveal! But my classmates are quite used to me now which is lovely because I can be more myself around them. :) Thank you for your kind comment! I'm glad the photos were helpful!

      Delete
  3. I love this blog so much!!!! It is so helpful!!!! Thank you so much!!!! I can't say enough about it!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much for your kind words! They mean a lot and put a smile on my face. ^_^

      Delete
  4. " I'm not too keen on the flamingo theme this summer (why not Galapagos tortoises?)"
    Well, I'm glad they don't have tortoises or sea turtles; I would have to take out a loan and buy it all :D I think the flamingo theme is cute enough and it's only for this summer, and this way I have more saved up for Maryellen. Thanks for the pictures :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL that's a very very good point! :D I guess we can save the turtles for the year money rains down from the sky. ^_^ Thank you for stopping by and commenting!

      Delete
  5. Thank you for being our eyes. My Daughter says she wants all 3 of the new Dolls. She wants everything!!! Glad we did not go because it would have been hard to limit her. After seeing Your photo's She says let's get it all. Thank you for sharing .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your daughter sounds like me! ^_^ It was hard to resist all the new goodies, but I had to remind myself, food, shelter, clothing first. :D Thank you very much for stopping by and sharing your daughter's reactions!

      Delete
  6. Hello! I am doing a youtube video, and I wanted to link your blog's photo. Is that okay? I won't show it, I just want to let my subscribers take a peek.
    Lizzie, from Pixel AG

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for asking and yes, feel free to link to the blog! Please let me know when you do so I can share the link here. ^_^

      Delete
    2. I haven't posted yet, but in the video I highly recommended your blog for AG news! I'm so happy I followed Nethelia's link to it!

      Delete
    3. That is so kind of you! Thank you very much for your sweet words and for thinking of me! ^_^

      Delete
  7. Thank you so much for doing this post, the pictures and explanations of the new dolls is great. I spent a lot of time looking at AG's photos online trying to figure out what looked different with their new asian doll and didn't realize it was Ivy's face mold.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm very happy to hear that the photos have been helpful for people! The Ivy and Jess molds look really great with non typical Asian combinations (dark hair/dark eyes) in custom dolls, and I think there are enough non Asians with facial features similar to the molds that I really wish AG would try out these combinations.

      Delete
  8. Am I the only person to notice that we have not a clue about the next GOTY? By now we'd have a bit of the movie at least AND the rumors about names, but all we've got is the name Gabriela.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmm, I didn't really follow the GotY line in last year or the year before so I can't remember the time line for the leaks, but you're right, it's strange we don't have any info about the movie at least because surely they have to have the scripts for auditioning out.

      Delete
  9. Hey Lilly, does AG give us advance notice on which Truly Me Doll will retire next? Because prior to releasing Truly Me, I never knew three of the dolls were retiring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately, with the exception of Beforever character retirement, AG does not give any warning on soon to go items. :(

      Delete