Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Photos of Mysterious Upcoming Bunny for Truly Me/BeForever

Last month, we saw an auction on eBay of what appeared to be a new American Girl bunny rabbit. At the time, the guess was that this bunny could be the pet for the 1960s Beforever character Melody Ellison, to be released this July. However, since finding out more details from her first book, we now know that Melody's pet is a mixed terrier named Bojangles, making the bunny less likely hers.

So now this mystery bunny is up for grabs for any of the lines, though I think it is unlikely to be for Girl of the Year 2016 Lea Clark. Most likely it will be for the Truly Me modern line, or for one of the historical BeForever characters (could still be for Melody too). I can see this being a part of a Beforever character's 2016 Limited Edition release.

A fellow collector who purchased the bunny was kind enough to take several photos comparing the bunny to Girl of the Year 2010 Lanie's bunny Lulu, and sent them to us to share here.


*Do not repost/copy/claim these images without written permission.*

Original eBay Photos:




Collector's Photos:
No whiskers! 

The eyes and nose are embroidered on, and not plastic buttons.

The underside of the ear is grey.

The collar appears to be sewn on.

Comparison With Lulu:

Mystery bunny is roughly the same size as Lulu, perhaps slightly bigger. Her fur is not as nice as Lulu's fur, according to the collector who sent me these images.

Bunny butts! :D 


I guess we'll all have to wait and see who Mystery Bunny belongs to, if anyone! ^_^ Maybe Julie's bunny Nutmeg had babies, or found a friend? :D


31 comments:

  1. AG seems to be doing not as great with pets. Some are still really cute, like Scooter, but the new Jip is not even close to the original! I prefer the old eyes, they've been just sewing eyes. But the bunny still looks cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think Lea's 3 animals are very cute too! But I agree, Jip version 2 is not appealing to me at all >_<

      Delete
    2. I really like Lea's sloth and turtle, but the 'cat' doesn't look like a margay in my opinion and sort of looks creepy...but the sloth is so adorable and so is the turtle!

      Delete
    3. Agreed! I think that the original Jip was cuter.

      Delete
  2. I do not like the new eyes either.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The new eyes are cute when well done, such as Lea's sea turtle. :)

      Delete
  3. It is cute but I agree with Amelia the new Jip is not as cute as the original! We have he original and he actually looks like the Jip in the story! I guess that might not matter now that there are no illustrations in the books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I was disappointed to see the redone Jip which was not attractive to me at all, and I really hope AG changes the format of the books back to have illustrations.

      Delete
  4. Have you heard anything about Beforever releases? I am hoping for more special edition sets and would love to see a new outfit for Josefina this time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have not heard anything myself but I share your hopes for more things for Josefina!

      Delete
  5. The bunny can't be Lea's. Lea's dad is allergic to fur.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooo thanks for letting me know! I didn't really think it could be for Lea but that definitely knocks it out of the consideration pool for me. ^_^

      Delete
  6. Melody's stuff started getting leaked around this time last ear (Or at least some of it that I saw) So could it be for a new beforever character coming out in 2017???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know we started seeing leaks for her name and trademark, and her first book information leaked at the end of August, but I don't believe we saw any items for her leaked until October, with the first being her green houndstooth meet dress.

      Delete
  7. Look at the tag, 2016, all of the things you buy have tags from a year earlier, this makes me almost certain it is for 2017

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it does! I just noticed that! Ohhhh It's a epic bunny dilemma! :D JK

      Delete
    2. Do the tags really show a year earlier? I've never looked closely at them so I never even noticed the year! :D

      Delete
  8. actualheathermcnamaraJanuary 6, 2016 at 7:48 PM

    Mystery Bunny could be nest year's GOTY's, but MysteryBun (that's its name now) could also belong to the Bitties or maybe even whatever those Wellie Wishers are.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think that bunny is pretty cute, although I am not too crazy about it. I personally think Lulu is cuter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I prefer the new bunny's face, but I love Lulu's tail! :D

      Delete
    2. Oh my gosh you replied to me!! Thank you so much Lilly! I love your blog! And yes, Lulu's tail is too cute. :D

      Delete
    3. :) I do try my best to respond to everyone who takes the time to leave me a comment. Thank you for stopping by and for the kind words! ^_^

      Delete
    4. You are welcome. :)

      Delete
  10. Hmm...everything sewn on including the collar makes me think it is for Bitty Baby.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's possible, though I think Bitties have their own special tag and this is just the generic AG tag.

      Delete
  11. Maybe it's for wellie wishers?!?!? I have no idea XD My best guess is that it's truly me, since the line really needs a bunny.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It could be, but I think Wellie-Wishers have their own tag, and this one is just the regular AG one. :)

      Delete
  12. I think this bunny is adorable! I bet she is GITY 2017.
    I still like a majority of the recent AG pets myself. Lea's turtle and sloth are cute but not sure what happened to the Margay. Grace's dog and Maryellen's are both adorable. I did not like Saig'e dog or Marie-Grace's.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can't leave out Caroline's Garnet! ^_~ That was an adorable calf!

      Delete
  13. Did you see, it's a wellie wisher accessory?!?

    ReplyDelete